FORE! Now that the snow is melted, you and your delegates may be dusting off your clubs and looking forward to hitting the links! Incorporating a golf game when organizing your meeting is a GREAT way to facilitate small group networking. They say a ton of business is done on the golf course, so why not be facilitator of business? If you are incorporating golf into your next meeting or conference, here are some of Canada’s best hotels and destinations for golf.
Canada’s best hotels with golf courses:
- Westin Bear Mountain – I LOVE this hotel and destination for my golf programs – the hotel is beautiful and has a stunning wine cellar for “after hours” networking. The views are spectacular, and they have 2 golf courses to choose from – the challenging Mountain course and the serene Valley course. The Westin is located 4o minutes from the airport and 30 minutes from downtown, making it the perfect location to keep your delegates together and enjoying the onsite amenities at the hotel.
- Fairmont Manoir Richelieu – This gem can be found after a 2 hour scenic drive north of Quebec City. There are so many great outdoor activities up here, and golf is certainly one of them. Boasting 27 holes of golf, your delegates can spend as little or as much time on the links, and then head into either the hotel or casino to unwind. In true Fairmont hospitality, this is a #bucketlist destination.
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – This hotel sits in Calgary’s backyard, only a 1 hour drive from the busy city. The golf course was closed for a few years after Calgary’s flooding in 2013, but now its back open and as incredible as ever. The Lodge underwent extensive renovations and restorations and became the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge in 2018. Folks, this place is GORGEOUS. The nordic spa is a must-do, perhaps after your round of golf!
- Algonquin Resort, St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, NB – I love this #bucketlist hotel. The European architecture makes it feel so cozy and homey, and the views from the course are second-to-none on the East Coast. St. Andrews also boasts the picturesque Kingsbrae Gardens, making this destination a must for you and your delegates this summer!
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – another exceptional Alberta golf resort gem is the Fairmont at Jasper Park Lodge. The resort itself is so unique, with many of the guest rooms in “cabins” outside the main lodge. There is also meeting space tucked away in the golf clubhouse; your smaller meeting may fit quite well there! Don’t be surprised if you have to dodge moose and other wildlife when you’re on the course or walking to your guest room; they are regulars at the resort 🙂
Have any of these golf resort ideas sparked your imagination for your next meeting? How can we help connect you with these gems?
RELATED – Destination Focus – Victoria BC
RELATED – Destination Focus – Quebec City
RELATED – Destination Focus, Whistler BC
Disclaimer – as with all of our destination posts, there may be some hotels that we missed (perhaps even one of YOUR favourites!). We’d love to hear what your favourites are as well! Drop us a line!