Spring fever has finally hit Canada, and so has the desire to hit up a beautiful patio for a summery beverage. This is also high season for conferences, so many conference and meeting delegates coast to coast are hitting up their host hotel lounge for networking and beverages after their busy day of sessions has concluded. While most hotels tend to have a great gathering place, few Canadian hotels have inspirational summer patios that serve up great views and lots of sunshine during our short Canadian summers.
Here is our list of great Canadian Hotels with Great Summer Patios:
- Pacific Gateway, Richmond BC – The Deck Kitchen and Bar overlooks the Fraser River and can accommodate groups of all sizes with their flexible 7000 square feet. One of my all time favourite places this summer for sure!
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver – Reflections: The Garden Terrace boasting colourful decor and buckets of greenery make this a garden oasis versus a drinking lounge. This place is definitely geared towards “homebody” in all of us that just wants to sit back and relax.
- Delta Grand Okanagan, Kelowna BC – Oak + Cru Social Kitchen and Bar sits right on the lakefront of Lake Okanagan. Sit comfortably inside, or venture outside to the comfy outdoor seating near the firepits. Fun mosaic tiling and a pizza oven make this open-concept kitchen fun and inviting!
- Ritz Carlton Toronto – kick off your heels at the Ritz’s Dec Terrace and Lounge. Fireplaces and views of the CN Tower make this urban patio a #bucketlist summer retreat for any meeting planner
- Thompson Hotel, Toronto – this trendy rooftop lounge should also be high (no pun intended) on a patio seeker’s list – the on-point decor may distract you from the 360 degree views of downtown Toronto and Lake Ontario
What are some of YOUR favourites? Email me and I’ll ensure they are added to the list! Enjoy the summer folks, it goes by in the blink of an eye!