I had the great pleasure of visiting one of Canada’s most iconic destinations in August 2019 – the beautiful and eclectic Halifax Nova Scotia. Little known fact about Leanne – I was actually born in Halifax, although I moved out west as a baby. Halifax has always had a special place in my heart, as I’m sure it will be with you once you visit with your conference.
One of the closest Canadian cities to the European and US Eastern Seaboard market, Halifax has so much to offer to domestic and international attendees! Not only are there amazing meeting spaces and hotels to explore, but offsite activities and attractions are top-notch!!
Leanne’s Notables About Halifax, NS
- Halifax Convention Centre – After years of anticipation and planning, the Centre is finally open and its looking fantastic! Some great nods to meeting planners include a private meeting planner lounge, a chef’s kitchen table breakout room and tons of opportunities for branding and sponsorship opportunities. Check out the video below of the new Halifax Convention Centre with Dawn Baldwin, Director of Sales!
- Hotels – While Halifax does feature some larger branded hotels like Halifax Marriott and Westin Nova Scotian, there are some great gems around the Halifax Convention Centre that can create some #bucketlist hotel moments including Prince George, the Lord Nelson and Cambridge Suites.
- Restaurants – soooo many fantastic restaurants to choose from including the iconic Bicycle Thief, The Lower Deck, Pickford and Black, and restaurants from the RCR Hospitality Group including Waterfront Warehouse and CUT Steakhouse
- Suppliers – create experiences like no other in Halifax by leaning on the talents and expertise of some of the country’s best suppliers:
- Tasty Squid – this eclectic drum and bagpipe band is more than you can EVER imagine! Fantastic and my recommendation for Cerbelli’s upcoming Hot List!
- Downeast DMC – from decor to entertainment, adventures to high cuisine, Downeast will have your group covered! Their creativity, energy and responsiveness are a meeting planners’ dream
- Free People Marketing – talk about exquisite! This team creates experiences that tickles all your senses. Your delegates will never forget a Free People Experience
- Annapolis Valley wine region – located less than an hour from Halifax’ downtown core, Nova Scotia’s budding wine region will not disappoint. Stunning wineries and mature vibrant wines await! Larger offsite venues available as well! I highly recommend connecting with Downeast DMC for wine tour information. Grape Escapes was fabulous!
Leanne’s Note – Folks, I live in wine country; in beautiful wine country at that! I love my BC wines and I’m loyal to the core (I only drink BC wines…. and when I travel I try to stick to “local” wines…). Friends, Nova Scotia is creating some AMAZING wines!!! I fell in love with so many bottles, both red and white. It really was an unexpected and fantastic surprise. If you’re a wine snob, get out to Annapolis Valley, stat!!
Are you considering Halifax Nova Scotia for YOUR next event? Connect with us to learn more on how this destination will work for your next program!
RELATED – Destinations and Hotels with Great Wine!
RELATED – Destination Focus – Quebec City