What a TRIP! And I do mean that when talking about the stellar destination of Whistler, BC. I had the great pleasure of visiting Whistler in October 2019, and even though it was in the shoulder season, I learned so much about this destination and all it has to offer meetings and conference planners and delegates.
Leanne’s Notables about Whistler BC:
- Travelling up to Whistler on the Sea to Sky Highway – an incredible way to see the West Coast, with scenic stops if you like in Squamish and at Shannon Falls.
- Four season destination – Whistler has really become a year-round playground for residents, visitors and families.
- The village – with all the shops, coffee joints and restaurants, even the non-skier can find tons of stuff to do while their family is up on the hill.
- Great options for Meetings! There are so many great hotels and venues to choose from including:
- Whistler Conference Centre – boasting the largest ballroom in Whistler, as well as breakout spaces and a theatre
- Westin Whistler – fantastic location right now to chair lifts and easy access to The Village
- Fairmont Whistler – close to offsite venues including the Squamish Lil’Wat Cultural Centre
- So much to do! Regardless of season or fitness level, there are TONS of things for you to do
- Love activity? There’s skiing, biking, ziplining, 4x4ing, walking the village
- Love winter? Skiing (of course) Christmas lights in the village
- Need some RnR? Spa, shopping, coffee shops, a relaxing walk through the village or e-bike the path system
- Love summer? biking, ziplining, golf, peak to peak gondola, hiking,
- In search of the ultimate #bucketlist experience? Some of the best skiing in the world, world class spa at Scandinave Spa, Peak to Peak gondola, coffee in the village – you name it, they’ve got it!
RELATED – Golf/Hotel Destinations in Canada
RELATED – Destination Quebec City
RELATED – Destination Victoria BC
RELATED – Destination Halifax NS